Step into the Ring

Monday 5 January 2015

NEW BEGINNINGS




So there it was, merry Christmas and I’m all sure you had lots of fun. Now, I’ve stopped adapting lines from popular Christmas songs we can finally stop for a moment and take stock of the Christmas period. The horrible jumpers, the unwanted gifts which are probably already on Ebay as we speak and the busy sales with the greedy buying anything they can get their hands on whether they need it or not, just to make some money regardless of the fact that we too want just one of the ten of the same DVD they have in their basket. Don’t you just want to punch those people? Anyway, here’s to another year of hard work and striving to get better.

 It’s tradition this time of the year to make a New Year’s resolution. Whether it’s to tell the woman you love more than life how you feel or get that promotion at the job you just hate but do anyway because having something is better than having nothing. I don’t know what yours is but I thought that it would be nice if you got to know me a little more after three years, so I’ll tell you mine. The first is simple. I want an Xbox One. I’ve worked hard for it and as it’s a New Year I would like to see some reward for my labour. I’m a simple person with simple needs and an Xbox One is one of them. I don’t require alcohol or a parade of women to have a good time, just give me some entertaining games and a system to play them on and I’m a happy camper.

The second resolution is a more personal one and whilst some will laugh, I know some will be inspired to do the same. I’m not a ladies man. In fact I don’t think I’m attractive to women at all but that all changed a few years ago when I met someone online. Now, the usual online meeting experience goes the same way. You find someone, you like someone, you fall for someone and they either turn out to be fake, married, attached or playing you because its fun for them to see lonely people suffer and build their hopes and dreams and shatter them. Well, that is how I thought once upon a time until I met someone special online. It’s been around five years now since we first spoke, probably more and as of yet we’ve been too hesitant to meet in person. There have been a few instances where we meant to meet and even ventured out to do so but one of bottled it at the last minute. 2015 is going to be my year. I’m going to meet this girl and show her how I feel about her if you get my gist.

I can always lose weight or better my life if it needed it, but this year these are my tasks and by the time I speak to you for the last time in 2015 I hope to have completed them both with ease. They’re scary, but they’re not impossible which is why I know I can do this. Still, that’s enough about me for now so let’s look at the year ahead and see what’s in store for you lucky people. I’m sure Vince McMahon has made resolutions, and whilst they’re probably worthy ones I urge him to change whatever he’s thinking now and stick to the following three.

Turn John Cena heel. It’s been too long in the making and since he became a fully fledged babyface almost eleven years ago, Cena has been so sickly that it’s no wonder fans have turned on him. I would love to see a John Cena heel turn, it’s what best for business and then WWE don’t have to worry about the jeers he gets or his wrestling ability because it will all be justified. I know John Cena is against this because of the money he may lose as a heel. All I would say is that Hulk Hogan made that leap and made more money than he ever had in his life, not to mention wrestling history. If he really cared, he’d do what’s best for everyone.

Commit to pushing at least five young stars into the main event position. These would ideally include Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Dolph Ziggler and Ryback who would all bring new and fresh acts to a stale scene. WWE will indeed include Sting at some point in 2015 but that doesn’t have to overshadow anyone. If WWE play their cards right then they’ll have five new headliners by December.

The third and final one is just listen to us. When we tell WWE that we don’t want to see a star then that’s what we mean. In 2015, for the WWE Network to really profit WWE must stop believing they know best and listen to their audience. It’s the only way to appease us and make their endeavours successful. It’s time to start changing their ways.

In case you missed it on the Christmas preview or just didn’t read it even though you had two weeks to do so, then this year there will be a few special features added to this blog to enhance it beyond the level it currently sits at now. Firstly, I’ll be posting an exclusive interview with the author of one of the most anticipated wrestling tome’s of the last decade not to mention the review of the book once a release date is confirmed. It’s the first time I’ve done this with the blog so it’ll be trail and error as to what works and what doesn’t but I trust you’ll stay with me as we find our feet with this. I was due to conduct the interview in September 2014 but had to put it back thanks to his schedule with writing the book so look out for both in the coming months and weeks.

Secondly, thanks to your votes in the end of year awards I will be beginning a Question and Answer segment on this blog once per month. Now, you voted for this so I expect to see you taking part otherwise it’s pointless. I touched upon this before Christmas and have now thought up an official hashtag for you to send your answers to. You can tweet me directly @TWGISHERE with your questions or you can ask them using #ASKTWG which I will get the hang of searching for and will appear on this blog at the end of each month with the answers to your questions. So get asking. Anything wrestling related is welcome and if you can’t fit your question into one tweet then split into parts beginning the tweet with (P1), (P2) etc in brackets. Wrestling related questions only please and if this goes well then I’ll see about setting up an email account solely for the purpose of sending questions to.

Before I go, just a small note to say that the usual things will be staying including the pay-per view reviews and Review Corner which you can see here next week beginning with Hell in a Cell 2014, because for everything that changes the rest have to stay the same. And that’s all there is I think. Let’s hope for a good year and a prosperous future. I can feel something different happening in 2015 both personally and professionally for us all. A storm’s coming and we’re going to be at the epicentre.

Onwards and upwards...