Step into the Ring

Thursday 2 January 2014

2014 - BETTER THINGS AHEAD



With the taste of turkey, mince pies and copious amounts of fizzy pop and sugar treats still in my mouth, it’s time to, strip the walls of decorations, take down your tree and begin a new year. Hoorah-Hoorah-Hoorah! Whilst the thought of beginning another year which could turn out the same as 2013 isn’t appealing – let’s all hope we get much more fortune than we were afforded last year – it’s a necessary evil. Christmas every day would be nice but it wouldn’t get us what our hearts desire. So let’s take the bull by the horns and get out there, show the world what you have to offer it and yes I mean you, the one at the back with a mince pie in their hand. Put the food down, change your calendar and let’s rock this year. I really don’t fancy being where I was in December 2013 when this year’s annual festivities roll around.

Now all the songs have departed and the shops are stocking Easter Eggs, it’s time to leave behind Christmas and concentrate on what we all came here for, the rasslin’! There’s been no shortage of overgrown men in spandex since we last talked but it seems like an age since we were all convened here last debating the finer points of the grappling industry. And whilst it was nice to take a break and recharge the batteries, it’s good to be back my minions. Indeed I missed you all. With Santa back in his grotto with his feet up, drowning his sorrows in a bottle of vodka and a pot of depression pills whilst suffering from exhaustion, let’s step back between the ropes for another years worth of moaning and cheering.

Before Christmas you will have read me tell you about a poll which should have been up later this month, in order to coincide with the next and for now, last instalment of ‘The Unforgettable...’ You see, because this blog is written some days and in some cases weeks in advance, I had no way of accounting for something happening with my career. Which it has over the Christmas period. No sooner had I posted the Christmas blog than I got a rather attractive offer through which I just had to take. I can’t tell you too much about the offer or which of my musings has been taking and offered for publishing, but I can tell you that because of the sheer amount of work it is going to take – and the little time I have to meet the deadline, then the polls will not appear, because even if you did vote for it to continue then I would not be able to find the time to write it.

Fear not though, through this period of transition and hard work from yours truly, ‘Review Corner’ and the monthly pay-per view previews will still remain as will the weekly blogs when we don’t have anything else going on. But you may find that blogs are up for longer than usual or that one week I’m not here at all. For that you have my apologies in advance and I hope that through this time you will understand when I’m absent from proceedings. However, after everything has been completed and my deadline met, I will be one hundred percent yours again and we begin to take a look at what you would like to see once you’ve had a rest from the monthly trials.

This blog isn’t so much a wrestling round up of what we missed over Christmas, but more a note. A note to say Happy New Year and may we all have a better one than the last. But I would like to say that I became slightly disenchanted with wrestling over the last two weeks. When I was taken away from the squared circle and put back into a normal life, the thought of returning to it was somewhat unappealing. To tell you the absolute truth I was pondering whether to put this whole blog on ice for a few months and then see if anyone was still interested in reading it in mid 2014. But then I sat down to type today and remembered how much joy this place brought me.

This whole place has become more than a forum of truth. This site, for me, has become somewhere I can rant and rave with likeminded people and you listen. Okay, you may not all agree with everything I have to say but then that’s the great thing about wrestling. It’s an opinion based business. I hope that even if it was just once, I have given you as much pleasure as this site gives me.

Now into 2014 we go and rest assured, your Wrestling God isn’t going anywhere. Here’s to another year together. And may it be a happy one for all.

Onwards and upwards...