Step into the Ring

Friday 22 June 2012

MAKING A DIFFERENCE

After a very nice comment was left for me on the comment dropper at the bottom of each blog, and if you left it then thank you very much. I decided to answer a question that was asked to me some time ago. When I mentioned to someone that I was going to start this blog, to give you, my people, the truth about this crazy world we love so much, they asked me why.

It was simple really. I was bored of every other website I read feeding me shit about this and that. Giving me excuse after excuse about why John Cena is number one, or why a wrestling pay per view wasn't as good as it should be. To me the whole whorld seemed full of excuses designed to save face for those who either know any better or didn't wnat us to know any better. Once you realize the truth, then you kight as well use it to good effect.

You see, there's only so much rubbish one person can take before they begin to take matter into their own hands. We've seen this with wrestlers like Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder. People who are bored and tired of waiting for others who are meant to have their best interests in mind, yet do nothing with the material they're produced with. WWE could have easily made Zack Ryder a huge star, it didn't take much. A hard push, some faith from the top and by now Zack Ryder could be a contender to take away one of the two Money in the Bank briefcases in July.

There's no good reason WWE can possibly come up with for why it failed Ryder. Not one. Though if it hadn't have failed Zack, then I couldn't use him to get my point across now. You see friends, Romans, countrymen, Zack Ryder doesn't ask for his release for the same reason I write this blog. For the same reason Hulk Hogan took over TNA, for the same reason Vince McMahon risked everything he had on Wrestlemania 1. Because even now, after he's been buried, after he's been humiliated, Zack Ryder still believes that he can make a difference.

It's a belief Vince McMahon held in 1985. And he was right. With the creation of Wrestlemania, Vince McMahon changed wrestling forever. Vince McMahon made a difference to our lives, even if we didn't know it. Hulk Hogan knew that he could make a difference in TNA, even though I've yet to see any evidence of it. He still can, if Hulk Hogan puts aside the friends and family and concentrates on the company and the stars it has now, then he can make a difference. Even better, if Hogan can forget what WWE are doing and come up with his own stuff, then TNA could be great.

I do this blog for that reason. Because you deserve to know. I aim to broaden horizons of wrestling knowledge. If someone stumbled upon this blog who didn't know mucvh about wrestling then I like to think they can take somethign away with them, that they could build on. I'm not biased towards John Cena or anyone. I just speak the truth and if people can't handle that, then either don't read or if it's someone in a position of authority in the wrestling world, do something about it. Listen to your fan base and change accordingly.

Every wrestler tries to make a difference. They've seen Triple H do it, Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, a pre TNA Hulk Hogan did it. here's no reason anyone on the WWE or TNA roster cannot follow suit. Providing their respective companies stop punishing them for trying to make things better, then the sky really is the limit.

So there's my answer. That's why I write this. That's why you read this. That's why every wrestler, good or bad, who steps into the ring night after night does so and that's why Vince McMahon makes those judgments, good or bad, right or wrong.

Because whatever you do in life, wherever you are, whoever you're with, you have to get stuck in. You have to try and make a differnece.

Onwards and Upwards...