Step into the Ring

Monday 29 September 2014

DO I STAY, OR DO I GO?



I’ve been deep in thought recently about this blog and everything to do with it. With so much going on in my personal life at the moment, I have been contemplating putting an end to the glorious run of this blog and just getting on with my life and this isn’t a sudden thing, I’ve been thinking about do so for some months now. Don’t get me wrong, I love wrestling and this business more than mostly anything and whilst Review Corner is nothing but a joy to do, the monthly pay-per view previews are getting to be a little bit of a chore.

When I’m busy with other things and a match is announced, I find myself having to write it up immediately just to get it out of the way. I can’t continue with what I’m doing until it’s over and done with. Then there’s the issue of numbers of people who read this blog. Whilst we’ve had a healthy share of viewers over the near three years we’ve been here, it’s no secret that our audience has begun to decline slightly over the last few months. Maybe that’s my fault. Maybe wrestling isn’t the draw it used to be years ago or maybe it’s my waning enthusiasm for this blog. There’s only so much I can about one subject before I begin to bore even myself.

A while ago, for those who read this blog, I set up a twitter account and asked that you get in touch with me there. As of yet, a few months after its initiation I have two followers. For the thousands that read this, I accept not all of you will be on twitter but the majority of you are and it makes me wonder why more people’s aren’t getting in touch me via social media. I welcome fan support and would like to know what you think about this blog. But twitter isn’t the only thing which makes me believe people don’t take this as seriously as I do.

Review Corner is the highest viewed segment on this blog and those who read that read almost everything else I write. But there have been other things which have made me suspicious of people not really caring about this site. I regularly set up polls only for people not to bother voting on them. It doesn’t cost, there’s not catch, it’s just sheer fun and yet people read and do nothing else and to be honest I’m getting a little sick of it. I don’t do this for my own amusement and certainly don’t it for money because I get paid nothing for all the time and dedication I put into this site.

Like I said, I do this because I love it but I can’t continue to do so just because one or two people read each blog. It’d help if people got in touch with me via twitter @TWGISHERE and let me know what you think. If you think I should carry on then tell me. If there’s something you would like to see changed then say so because without fan interaction then I will not continue this blog. For now, we will continue because I have promised to do a special Review Corner on a wrestling book being released either at the end of this year or the beginning of next which I am receiving by email so it can’t go missing in the post and yes, we know who you are now, and what I have read of it so far, then it’s turning out to be must buy but that could all change depending on what comes next. If it wasn’t for that promise and an interview I conducted with the writer which will appear here in the near future, then I may just close this now.

I’m not an egomaniac, but once in a while I’d like to hear something from you. Vote on the end of year poll, have your say, contact me, tell me what you want because if nothing has changed by February 2015 then this blog will cease to exist. It will continue until next year because of promises I’ve made elsewhere but like I say, after that there are no promises. You can sway my mind, even change it if enough people get in contact but if not then I will not continue on this path.

Do something before you lose this blog people. I’m not going to repeat myself.

Onwards and upwards...