Step into the Ring

Tuesday 6 March 2012

PICKING OFF THE RANDOM TREE

I've blogged a lot recently, so this will be my last for a week. I have to return to the real world and continue my life. But a few thoughts did cross my mind which I have to get off of my chest before I go and do whatever it was I was doing before I started this blog. Firstly, if you have viewed this blog and I knew a few have then please subscribe to my blogs, it's free, I don't charge and I don't make money from doing this. I write because I love wrestling and we all deserve to know the truth that people try to shield us from. And if you have any opinions then leave your comments in the comments section I'd love to read them.

I will be writing a greatest and worst Wrestlemania article after Mania has passed us, so I'd really like to know your thoughts on the greatest and worst Wrestlemania moments and matches in history. Just make clear which you thik are great and which you think were just abismal and I'll put them into the article. And speaking of Wrestlemania, over the Wrestlemania weekend, before the event airs I'll be posting a blog on my picks for the winners and losers. Then in the week that follows I'll be telling you, my good people, what the events and fall out of Mania will mean for the rest of the year in WWE.

So, number one. From reading what I've had to say you'll know that I don't suger the pill on subjects. If I don't like something I'll say. If I think a certain wrestler can't wrestle, I'll say. Now though I would like to extend my appologies and thoughts to Kia Stevens, who you will know better as Kharma or Awesome Kong, who recently lost her baby.

In my opinion, it was a waste of time Stevens even coming to WWE in the first place, because let's be honest their womens division is appaling and she can make no difference to it. Vince prefers girls who have big tits instead of brains and wrestling ability, so Stevens doesn't stand a chance. The Women's Championship has been devalued so much that it means nothing anymore. Even if she was to win it and go on a huge run with the strap, whose going to care? It's not going to matter because her opponents are mostly all worse in the ring than her. Kelly Kelly - who is so thin its painful: can someone give her something to eat please? The Bella Twins who have so little talent that their main job is to stand around and smile every week. Are these the people that WWE are really expecting us to care about Stevens beating? Ok, she can have good matches with Beth Phenoix, Natalia and possibly Tamina, but WWE has degraded these girls so much it's impossible to think how a series with either of these three could matter. Phenoix has lacked in the ring lately and been given so many dud opponents people don't care anymore. Natalia has been been given a farting gimmick which makes her look so dumb she deserves the blonde on her head and sorry, Tamnia who? I believe Stevens will be gone from WWE by the end of the year and back to TNA - if she doesn't, then her star will sink faster than the Titanic. WWE needs to up it game to give Stevens a chance to help turn around the womens division for the better.

So WWE, in their infinite wisdom have decided, that on the biggest push of his life, on the grandest stage of them all, the biggest wrestling event of the year to put Cody Rhodes, the WWE Intercontinental Champion, then man who can carry the industry into the future, who had a brilliant feud with Booker T - to place him in a match at Wrestlemania against...Big Show! Please, someone at WWE think. There is no possible way Show can help escalate Rhodes' career in anyway. The near seven foot giant has so little talent that if he lost four hundred pounds and grew a decent set of breasts he'd belong in the Divas division. Ok, he was half decent in the feud with Daniel Bryan at the Royal Rumble, but over the course of thirteen years, he's done so little and had so many awful feuds and matches that we could use him as a doorstop and no one would notice any change in his personality or ability! WWE should have booked Rhodes against Orton or someone of that ability. This is the biggest moment of Rhodes' life and going by past evidence, then it could all come to a disasterous end what may be nothing more than a card filler. I wonder if WWE know what they're doing anymore.

I would like to send out my thoughts to the family of Doug Furnis. Who passed away at his home on March 2nd from heart disease at the age of 52. Furnis was a tag team wrestler in WWE in 2006 with his tag team partner Philip Lafon and was a damn fine wrestler and athlete - who fought in many promotions over the world.

The final thing I want to mention is the booking of the Rock vs John Cena for Wrestlemania. They're verbal feud is decent if nothing else each week on Raw. Cena looks so out of his depth that it's going to take a miracle at Mania to stop him drowning and now the big idea, the massive, wonderful idea that WWE have to sustain interest in the Mania scrap is to have the two of them face off, one on one on Raw in a musical encounter. It's so pathetic the creative team couldn't even come up with a proper name for it. How much rope do WWE need to hang themselves? They won't have them fight until Wrestlemania. But is this really the best they could come up with? Really?